Tuesday 1 December 2015

Test Questions

Hi Everyone,

I just got home from a great workshop in Barrie about nutrition for grade 7/8s! Thanks for being patient waiting for a few sample geography test questions to be posted. I am going to work on posting those now.

Also, today when I asked who views my blog, 2 students raised their hands...I realize that it hasn't been updated every day and there was a period of time when I wasn't able to update it due to work to rule, but, let's try to make a habit of viewing it every day from now until December...to monitor this, I will have daily questions posted for students to answer the following day. I'm sure Mr. Finney will have a blog or something similar when he returns in January, so it's good to get into the habit! Thank you for your co-operation.

Tomorrow I will be away at a Student Success Symposium in Barrie for intermediate teachers. As a teacher, I am learning constantly, and love to further my learning at conferences and workshops throughout the year. Mr. Kerr will be supplying for me. I know you'll be on your best behaviour!

You will be working on your data management/healthy eating/healthy school assignment! We have the chromebooks signed out throughout the day so you and your partner will be surveying your class 1st period on google forms  then working on your graphs on google sheets/google docs. You will have time to work on this throughout the day, including a computer lab period at the end of the day, so it should be finished by the end of the day tomorrow! :) Remember, grade 7's, you must include a circle graph and a frequency table, and your other 3 graphs/charts are up to you. Grade 8's, you must include a histogram, and scatterplot, and your other 3 graphs are up to you. If you can't gather all of your information from google forms, you may use a traditional pencil and paper survey, but you should try using google sheets to gather as much information as possible. I will have handouts available tomorrow to guide you through the process, help each other out!

Stay tuned for the geography questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment